This Personal Data Protection Notice (“Notice”) describes how Vin & Isaac Lee manages and safeguards personal data obtained through the engagement of our services, through communication with us, and general business contact.
Collection of Personal Data
In the course of your dealings with us, you may provide personal data to us, as clients or as other parties involved in our work. Your personal data may also be provided by someone on your behalf, in which case, we will assume until notified otherwise, that you have authorized the disclosure of your personal data to us.
Such personal data may include your name, national registration identification card number, passport number, contact number, email address, postal address, photograph, age, occupation, EPF details, SOCSO details, income tax details, employment details and history including details of present and past income, financial and bank account details, marital status, gender, nationality, children’s details, and such other relevant information and date to enable us to provide you with our services.
Why We Collect Personal Data
Your Personal Data may be collected, stored and/or used (whether directly or indirectly) and in whatever form for the following purposes:
- implementation, performance and completion of any commercial transactions, dealings or in connection with legal services, advice and obligations that we may render to you or third parties;
- preparation and execution of all necessary documents, agreements and/or contracts for our projects and/or services with you including any obligations arising from any agreements and/or contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information and services that you request from us;
- maintenance and upkeep of internal client records, administration, management, business development, advertising, continuous professional development, education, research, internal operations, troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, professional network, employment and social activities;
- meeting any legal or regulatory requirement relating to our services and to make disclosure under the requirements of any applicable law, regulation, directive, guideline, by-law, code, circular, government authorities and/or court of competent jurisdiction;
- enable us to send you information by email, regular postal mail, telecommunication means (including but not limited to telephone calls, text messages, social chat applications) about services offered by selected third parties that we think may interest you; and
- to facilitate payment for our services.
We do note sell or otherwise make personal information commercially available to any third party, except as described in this Notice or with your prior permission.
How We Collect Personal Data
We collect Personal Data through several methods which include but are not limited to:
- information you have provided to us by whatsoever means and/or in whatsoever manner; and
- information obtained independently by us or given to us from other lawful sources.
Disclosure of Personal Data
Personal Data provided to Vin & Isaac Lee will generally be kept confidential but you hereby consent and authorize us to provide or disclose your Personal Data to the following categories of parties:
- any persons, government agencies, statutory authorities and/or industry regulators where we are compelled to disclose Personal Data pursuant to any law or regulation;
- our affiliates, partners, third parties, service providers, representatives and agents, who may be located within or outside Malaysia to provide related and/or supporting services in connection with our legal practice;
- our and/or our client’s auditors, consultants, accountants or any relevant financial institutions or professional advisers;
- our and/or our client’s suppliers, contractors, sub-contractors or third party service providers as may be deemed to be necessary or appropriate;
- third party property management and real estate agency companies/entitled in respect of property which is the subject matter of our engagement; and
- counterparties or counterparties’ advisers, agents and representatives in any legal and/or commercial transaction, financial institutions for loan documentation processing, relevant state authority and the Inland Revenue Board.
Access and Correction
You have the right to request access to and to correction of Personal Data held by us and in this respect, you may:
- check whether we hold or use such Personal Data and request access to such data;
- request that we correct any Personal Data that is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date;
- request that we specify or explain its policies and procedures in relation to data and types of Personal Data handled by us.
If you have any questions regarding our Privacy Notice or if you wish to request access to your Personal Data or correct your Personal Data or withdraw your consent or restrict the purposes and methods in which we process your Personal Data, you may send your request in writing to the following address:
Vin & Isaac Lee
A-07-08, 7th Floor, Empire Tower,
Empire Subang, Jalan SS 16/1,
47500 Subang Jaya, Selangor
Tel No.: 603-56328332
Please note that notwithstanding the withdrawal of your consent, we may still process your Personal Data under circumstances permitted by law.
Failure to Provide Personal Data
When Personal Data provided is wholly voluntary in nature, you are not under any obligation or under any duress to do so. However, in some circumstances, when it is obligatory to provide us your Personal Data, the failure to do so may result in the following consequences in which we shall not be held liable:
- inability to maintain your clientele with us;
- inability of parties to finalise any contract and/or agreement;
- inability to keep you apprised of any information requested or business development activities; and
- inability to complete commercial transactions.
We will take reasonable care to implement security measures which safeguard against unauthorised or unlawful access to, or alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal data. If our data processing is carried out by a third party, we will require that they adhere to our standards.
Please take note that by giving us your consent, you hereby agree with and consent to us processing/continuing to process your Personal Data in accordance herewith.
We reserve the right to change this Notice from time to time. The current version will always be posted on our website.