We represent a range of clients across the construction sector: developers, contractors, consultants, architects, engineers, etc. We provide solutions for both contentious and non-contentious construction matters.
For contentious matters, we have acted in various quorums, including:
- all levels of Court in Malaysia;
- Arbitration – under various institutional rules (ICC, KLRCA, PAM, etc); and
- Adjudication under the Construction Industry Payment and Adjudication Act 2012. Our partner is in the panel of adjudicators under KLRCA.
Our team has considerable knowledge and experience in construction dispute including issues relating to payments, variation works, delay, professional negligence, termination, performance bond, etc. We are familiar with a variety of standard forms conditions of contract including PAM 1998, 2006 and PWD/ JKR 2007.
Aside of dispute resolution, our clients also tap into our knowledge for non-contentious matters such as consultation and drafting contracts.
- Acting for a main contractor in an arbitration dispute involving the construction of a research and development building in the University of Technology Petronas
- Acted for a main contractor in a dispute involving the Butik Botak Squatter Resettlement scheme against the state government
- Acted for a main contractor in a dispute involving wrongful termination by a state owned development corporation
- Acted for earthwork subcontractors in a dispute involving an integrated golf and country club township
- Acting in a dispute involving excavation of rock material against government linked companies
- Acted for a contractor in an arbitration dispute involving a sewage treatment plant against a national sewerage consortium
- Acted for consultant engineer in a dispute involving alleged structural failure of a concrete deck structure and soil condition
- Acted in a subrogation claim involving the design and construct of the fire safety system in a furniture factory in Pulau Pinang
- Acted for a main contractor to obtain an injunction against a demand on a performance bond on grounds of unconscionability
- Acted for various subcontractors and main contractors in adjudication proceedings
Contact person: Kelvin Ng (email@example.com)