- Acted and advised telco company which is a licensed MVNO (Mobile Virtual Network Operator)
- Acted and advised on telco law related issues for the launch of new mobile phone sim card pack including involving in liason with Malaysia Communications and Multimedia Commission (MCMC)
- Drafted terms and conditions for the sale of mobile phone sim card services.
- Acted in numerous transactions on B-Brand agreements in relation to the marketing and promotion of mobile phone sim card packs
- Advised on day to day and the on-going regulation and compliance under Communications and Multimedia Act 1998 and its regulatory instruments such as Ministerial Direction, Ministerial Determination and Ministerial Declaration
- Acted on filing investigation based on anti-competition provisions under Communications and Multimedia Act 1998 (which is different from Anti Competition Act 2010)
- Acted in settlement of dispute arising from B-brand agreement
- Acted on deal relating to technology on electric chargers for (EVs) which resulted in one of the earliest installation of electric chargers for EVs in around prominent places in Kuala Lumpur, notably the electric chargers at the Bangsar LRT station.
- Acted for deal on a pioneering use of mobile phone app for rental of EVs and reservation of parking lots in 2013/2014
- Acted on transaction for licensing and technology transfer and know how related to use of LED and crystal LED
- Acted on joint venture on Aviation Warning Lights
- Acted on assignment of patented invention and technology know how on electric and electronic products
- Acted in equity transfer and joint venture for investment and construction of telecommunication structures and hardware
- Advise, prepare and draft agreement relating to creation and development of software and mobile phone apps,
- Advise, prepare and draft agreement on sale, assignment or licensing of technology know-hows
- Prepare and drafted term of use on website
- Acted and advised on formation of media and film production company
Isaac Lee Seng Eng
In 2004, Isaac started practice in law by reading in chambers at Messrs Shook Lin & Bok, one of the oldest and well-established law firm in Malaysia. Thereafter, he was retained as a legal assistant in the same firm and straddled between two department in the practice in intellectual property and banking litigation.
In 2011, he joined Messrs Wong as a partner and assisted in setting up of the new branch office based in Empire Shopping Gallery in Subang Jaya. In 2013, following changes in the partnership, the office in Empire Subang was subsequently take under care and control of a new partnership under the new name and style of VIN & ISAAC LEE as approved by Bar Council.
Isaac has vast work experience in a broad range of laws and practices. He had represented a broad spectrum of clients ranging from individual private clients, to institutional client including MNC and public listed companies.
- Acted in joint venture in respect of a European renowned sports-fashion retail company which result in the first flagship store outside Europe being opened in Malaysia
- Acted in a deal on equity financing via issuance of Redeemable Preference Shares for a value of more than RM 100 million for investment purposes into developments in ISKANDAR Johor, southern region of Malaysia.
- Acted for Swedish based MNC in a venture which results in one of the earliest installation of electric chargers for EVs (electric vehicle) in prominent places in Kuala Lumpur (notably at the Bangsar LRT station)
- Acted in the deal involving one of the pioneering use of mobile app for car rental and booking of car parks in Malaysia in a project involving joint initiatives of 3 government ministries
- Acted and advised anchor tenant in the business of retail and grocery supermarket
- Acted on behalf of a Malaysian developer and attended to negotiation in China on joint venture agreement with a China state-owned company (Reported in City and Country Segment of The Edge from 2nd to 8th May 2016)
- Acted in a deal and negotiation in Sofia, Bulgaria in respect of a franchise
- Acted in numerous sale of shares or transfer of business or business assets in numerous business
- Acted in transaction involving B-brand marketing agreement for mobile phone sim card
- Acted and advised numerous businesses in adoption and transition to franchising and licensing
- Acted on behalf the Singapore and Malaysian counterpart in a transaction involving appointment of fund managers based in Singapore and Malaysia by European investors
- Acted in business transaction deals involving diversification of durian products, and, sale and supply of goods into China
- Appointed by Herbert Smith Freehills LLP (London) to advise on the Malaysian chapter being part of the financing exercise carried out by the parent company based in London, UK
- Acted in joint venture agreement in relation to aviation warning lights
- Acted in cross-border transactions involving manufacturing, OEM and sourcing agreement in China and some ASEAN countries.
- Acted in transactions on supply and sale of good, raw and semi raw materials overseas
- Acted in respect of agency and distribution agreement for extension of business into China and some ASEAN countries
- Acted and advised on restricting of group of companies involving formation of offshore company for business operation
- IP contentious and non-contentious matters
- Handle filing of applications and prosecution work for registration of registrable intellectual properties rights, such as trade mark, service mark, patent, industrial design, voluntary notification of ownership of copyrights, geographical indication, plant varieties and integrated circuits
- Worldwide applications and registration of registrable IP rights covering countries in all 5 continents, Europe, Asia, Africa, America, and, Australia and Oceania (the only continent we have not covered is Antarctica) and in regional IP offices (eg, EUIPO, EPO, ARIPO, OAPI etc)
- Advisory for IP Protection, IP Portfolio Management, IP Restructuring, IP Due Diligence
- IP commercialisation such as franchising and licensing
- Attending to IP dispute resolution and settlement, civil court proceedings and quasi administrative matters (eg seizure of goods by enforcement officers from Ministry of Domestic Trade and Consumer Affairs)
- See more under Intellectual Property
- Sale and purchase of agriculture land in the total value of RM 60 million.
- Acted on behalf of the estate of deceased in a legal proceeding against the Registrar of Titles, Kuala Lumpur Federal Territory in respect of a direct transfer from executors for estate to purchaser
- Acted as penal law firm to attend to sale and purchase agreement for development project
- Advised, consulted and managed legal department for developer in respect of development project of approximately RM 300 million in gross development value.
- Advising developer’s panel law firms in Sarawak on the new application of Housing Development Ordinance 2013 (Sarawak), with reference to the West Malaysia experience based on the pari materiaHousing Development (Control and Licensing) Act 1966.
- Attended to commercial leases and tenancies in shopping mall, including for anchor tenant.
- Attended to joint venture of development of land for industrial lots and shoplots
- Attended to leases of agricultural land from state government
- Acted in transaction where the purchaser or vendor are residing overseas, some of whom are foreigners or some of whom are citizen of Malaysia but residing overseas.
- Acted to filing court proceedings to obtain Grant of Probate and Letter of Administration
- Acted in numerous matters on drafting of will and trust, and advised on estate planning
- Acted in numerous divorce proceedings
- Advocate & Solicitor of the High Court of Malaya
- Certificate of Legal Practice (CLP)
- LLB (Hons) University of Birmingham
- Registered Patent, Trade Mark and Industrial Design Agent
Contributions to Academia, Forums and Seminars
- Part-time lecturer for Law Module for course in preparation for qualifying exams under The Board of Valuers, Appraisers, Estate Agents and Property Managers in Malaysia
- Speaker on IP and Technology subjects at forum or seminar certified by Project Management Institute (PMI) (US) for Project Management Professionals (PMP) to claim PMI Professional Development Units (PDU).
- Speaker at forum organised by Malaysia University of Science and Technology (MUST)
- Frequent speaker and trainer in seminars and courses for real estate agencies
- Frequent speaker and trainer for in-house IP management courses or seminar for companies and institutions
- Speaker on Will Writing and Estate Planning for associations and alumni